North Carolina Slip, Trip and Fall Injury Attorney
Regardless Of Your Injury, So Long As It Was Caused By Someone Acting In A Careless Or Negligent Manner, You Have The Right To Take Action For Compensation. Call a Charlotte Area Slip, Trip, and Fall Attorney To Help You Obtain Compensation For Your Damages, Including Medical Bills, Lost Wages, Pain And Suffering, And Other Issues That You May Face Because Of Your Injury
Who Speaks for You?
When you are unaware of potential hazards due to inadequate signage, that would be considered a case for a personal injury claim. This includes if the property owner was aware of unsafe conditions and made no effort to warn others of the hazards, make reasonable repairs, or take appropriate action.
Why Choose Speaks Law Firm for Your Slip, Trip, and Fall Case?
- Highly Reviewed & Rated – 9.9 Superb rating on respected legal site AVVO. 5.0 rating on Google. Top-rated lawyer by Super Lawyers.
- Highly Responsive – We pride ourselves on fast response times when communicating with our clients. We will never let your questions or concerns go unaddressed.
- Efficient – Our approach focuses on efficiency and speed to resolve cases as quickly as we can to get you your money faster.
- No Case Is Too Difficult or Complex – This is where tenacity and knowledge of the law matter. We do what is necessary, even in difficult cases.
- Urgency, Empathy, and Detail – Your case is the center of your world. We work with urgency to resolve your case quickly, empathy to ensure you feel heard, and meticulous detail to ensure no aspect of your case is missed.
- Experienced – In our over 20 years of practicing law, Personal Injury cases have always been our focus.
- Caring & Compassionate (truly) – We’re sorry for what happened to you or your loved one. Our team is incredibly experienced, and they truly understand the complications that Personal Injury can bring upon a family.
- Personalized Attention – We understand and respect that every client’s needs are unique. We treat all of our clients with the attention they deserve.
- We Keep You Updated – Transparency is key. We want you to know what’s happening with your case at all points in the process.
- Flexible Meeting Times – We accommodate your busy schedule.
- 2nd Opinions Available – Already have a lawyer? Let us provide you with a second opinion on your case.
Having previously worked for the insurance defense companies, we know how they work and can help you navigate their relentless process.
Ask A Question
Describe Your Situation
Or Request A Consultation
Call 704-766-8649 or fill out the short form below. We will usually respond within one business day and often the same day. Don’t hesitate. Your questions are welcome!
Statute of Limitations for Injury Claims in North Carolina
North Carolina law allows only Three Years to file a personal injury claim. This deadline is critical to your rights because if you don’t get your lawsuit started in court before North Carolina’s three-year filing window closes, you’ll lose your right to have your case heard. Call our offices today to avoid missing your window of opportunity.
Types & Causes of Slip, Trip, and Fall Accidents
Many different factors can cause a public facility to be a dangerous place for its visitors, ultimately causing a Slip, Trip, or Fall injury. The factors include:
- Too much wax or polish
- Poor lighting
- Torn, worn, or broken, bulging areas of carpet
- Unstable stacks of merchandise
- Unrepaired damaged flooring or uneven floor
- Substances on the floor, such as spills from containers
- Lack of warning signs in the appropriate places throughout the store
Victims should be aware that in North Carolina if the victim is at any fault for causing their own accident, they have no payment rights. This is called “contributory negligence.” Insurance companies will try to use this against you, so call our office to craft the best possible defense for your case.
What to do if you’ve been injured in an accident:
- Report your accident to the appropriate authorities ASAP. Whether this is the police, an employer, a store employee, or a supervisor. Get medical treatment for any injuries you have sustained, don’t “shake it off.” Some injuries, like traumatic brain injuries or internal injuries, can have delayed symptoms. The sooner you can receive medical attention, the better for your health and your case.
- Collect as much information as possible. Either you or someone you trust should attempt to get information from any involved parties. Important information can be the names of all parties involved and any eyewitnesses. If you were in a car crash, get the other driver’s insurance information too.
- Take photographs. Photograph the scene, your injuries, the causing factors of the accident, and anything you think may be relevant. If you were injured on someone’s property due to a dangerous condition, take photos of the dangerous condition.
- Get copies of all relevant documents. This can include police reports, incident reports, medical documents, and communications with insurance companies.
The more information you have about your case, the stronger your claim will be. If you were injured due to another’s carelessness, contact one of our experienced North Carolina Motorcycle Accident lawyers to learn more about filing a claim.
Should I Get A Slip, Trip, and Fall Accident Lawyer?
Maybe you are the type of person who is hesitant to sue anyone. Still, you could be experiencing pain, suffering, discomfort, dealing with piles of unexpected medical bills, time off work, and being confused about how to move forward.
Shouldn’t someone pay for what happened? If so, hiring a Slip, Trip, and Fall accident attorney is, unfortunately, a reality for ensuring you get what you deserve and what is right.
Compensation for Your Personal Injuries Can Cover:
- Emergency Medical Expenses
- Continuous Medical Care
- Prescription Medication
- In-Home Nursing Care
- Physical Therapy
- Assistive Medical Equipment
- Missed Wages and Lost Earning Capacity
- Emotional Distress
Other Aspects of Personal Injury We Assist You With
Regardless of your injury, so long as it was caused by someone acting in a negligent manner, you have the right to take action for compensation. We can help you obtain compensation for your damages, including medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and other issues that you may face because of your injury.
- Automobile Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Truck & Semi Accidents
- Drunk Driver
- Dog Bites
- Hit And Run
- Scooter Accidents
- Medical Malpractice
- Premises Liability
- Slip / Trip And Fall
- Wrongful Death
- Uber/ Lyft / Rideshare Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Workers Comp
- Bus and Train Accidents
- Nursing Home Neglect
- General Accidents
- Fire and Burn Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Boat Accidents
- Premises Liability
- And Other Personal Injury Matters
Client Reviews – Speaks Law Firm
Actual Words Clients Have Used to Describe Us & Their Experience
“I have no words for the compassion, care, professionalism, kindness, and helpfulness,” “They treat me like family every step of the way,” “super attentive and will get it done for you,” “very kind, thorough and professional throughout the entire process,” “I highly recommend this firm and paralegal for your personal injury claim needs,” “Very professional,” “Responds quickly to emails,” “Explains any questions you have with no judgment,” “Honestly, one of the best lawyers I have had the pleasure to work with,” “very hands on, stayed on top of my case, kept me abreast on everything concerning my case, courteous, easy to talk to and treated my case like it was her very own,” “You will not be disappointed,” “Handled my case well and will refer her to others,” “From start to finish they made the process easy and stress free,” “very very helpful and went above and beyond to make sure that we were helped in the best way available,” “great at explaining the end results and answering questions,” “They know how to handle all kind of Personal Injury Cases,” “Very very honest and reliable,” “I would recommend speaks Law firm to anyone in need of honesty representation,” “I have only good things to say about them,” “Speaks Law firm was very professional and detailed great people.”
If these things are what you are looking for in a law firm, then contact us to see how we can help you and your family.
We help families within or near the Charlotte Area.
Locally, clients come to us from Charlotte, New Hanover, Ogden, Murrayville, Bayshore, King’s Grant, Porter’s Neck, Wrightsville Beach, Myrtle Grove, Surf City, and others throughout the New Hanover area.
What To Do Now
We welcome your questions and want to understand your situation to help you move forward and get the compensation you or your loved one deserves. Call our office at 704-766-8649 with questions and a description of your situation to see if we can assist or to schedule a consultation. Or you may simply fill out the form above on this page. Your form will be directly emailed to our office, and you can expect a reply within one business day and often within hours of the same day. All information you share is confidential.