HOW MUCH IS MY CASE WORTH?
In general, more serious injuries with greater medical bills produce higher settlement values. However, the value of a personal injury case is based upon many factors. Some of the questions that determine case value include:
1. Was the accident clearly the other person’s fault?
2. Was the injured person responsible in any way for the accident?
3. Were there any delays in treatment?
4. How severe were (or are) the injuries?
5. What is the total amount of the medical bills?
6. Have any of the bills been paid by a third party, such as health insurance or Medicaid?
7. Is there any permanent injury or loss of use of a particular part of the body?
8. Did the injured person have any pre-existing injuries?
9. Did the injured person have any particular susceptibility to injury?
10. Who is the injured person’s lawyer?