These resources have been compiled to help you learn more about North Carolina personal injury law, state criminal law, federal criminal law, divorce and custody, and civil litigation.
- The University of North Carolina Highway Safety Research CenterThe Highway Safety Research Center at the University of North Carolina has been providing the drivers of North Carolina with information to keep the roads safe for 40 years. With information on pedestrian and bicycle safety, child passenger safety, seat belt usage and more, this website also has the latest in laws involving vehicle operation in our state.
- Driving While Distracted Can Be DeadlyThis is a YouTube video that illustrates the dangers of driving while distracted. At the 52 second mark the you will see the point the video is making. Drive carefully.
- North Carolina Department of Public SafetyThe North Carolina DPS website provides safety tips and laws regarding vehicle maintenance, holiday travel, deer, and winter driving. You can also access the NC State Highway Patrol page from here to find more information on traffic enforcement and highway laws.
- North Carolina Child Passenger Safety Resource CenterThis website includes information on keeping your vehicle’s occupants safe, including child and adult passengers. There are also sections devoted to other roadway safety laws, including those for ATV usage and bicycle helmets.
- North Carolina Department of Motor VehiclesThis website provides resources for North Carolina drivers, including teens, motorcyclists, and commercial drivers. Downloadable driver handbooks and safety tips are also available.
- Tips For Parents Going Through DivorceWhen parents are going though a divorce, the school year can produce additional and unexpected challenges. This author does a great job of identifying some of the issues that come up when the school year starts. The children of parents going through divorce can benefit from considering these simple rules.
- The National Safety CouncilThe website of the National Safety Council provides helpful information on keeping you and your family safe at home and at work. While not every accident can be avoided, many can be prevented, and the NSC shows you how.